Alan Wake (PC)
- Availability In Stock
About this Game
From Remedy, the masters of cinematic action, comes a 3rd person action game filled with overwhelming odds and desperate near escapes. When the wife of the best-selling writer Alan Wake disappears on their vacation, his search turns up pages from a thriller he doesn’t even remember writing. A dark presence stalks the small town of Bright Falls, pushing Wake to the brink of sanity in his fight to unravel the mystery and save his love. With the body of an action game and the mind of a psychological thriller, Alan Wake is a pulse-pounding thrill ride. Presented in the style of a TV series, Alan Wake features the trademark Remedy storytelling and pulse-pounding action sequences. As players dive deeper and deeper into the mystery, they’ll face overwhelming odds, plot twists, and cliffhangers. It’s only by mastering the Fight With Light combat mechanic that they can stay one step ahead of the darkness that spreads across Bright Falls. With the body of an action game and the mind of a psychological thriller, Alan Wake’s intense atmosphere, deep and multilayered story, and exceptionally tense combat sequences provide players with an entertaining and original gaming experience. Many video games try to do horror and mystery, but few are able to deliver, Alan Wake though will be the exception to that rule. As you'll have to wander and contend with an entire town known as Bright Falls, a town that was built in game to be 100 square kilometers, and you can explore all of it! The light is your greatest weapon, and you'll have to use it well if you want to survive the town and what inhabits it. You don't have to fear the dark, but it might be wise to be cautious of it. Solve puzzles, find clues, and figure out what is going on. But be wary, for creatures of the night will try and find you, fight you, and stop you. Be ready for anything by arming yourself with weapons so you can beat back the dark, and shine a light on the truth.
- Includes Alan Wake Special Episodes “The Signal” and “The Writer”
- Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than the Xbox360 version.
- Fully configurable mouse and keyboard support, or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!
- Lots of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios!
- Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs.
- Additional features our fans have sought after such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
- Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode.